This is one of my favorite last-minute, super quick Halloween treats. I came up with the idea several years ago, and people kind of went nuts over them. I hesitate to call it a recipe, because it’s so simple, but based on the reaction I get to them, I wanted to share!
I worked off the original Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (I used the Aldi equivalent)
- 3/4 cup Candy Corn
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. When the cereal is coated, add candy corn and stir to combine.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Note: I used an 8×11 pan because I wanted my treats to be thick.
5. If desired, press additional pieces of candy corn into the top of the rice krispies, while they are still warm.
6. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Linking up with: