If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you know that I like to incorporate healthy, high-quality canned foods into my dog’s diet. Today I’ll be reviewing a brand new food from Only Natural Pet® and sharing tips on what to look for when you pick up a can of dog food.
This post is sponsored by Only Natural Pet and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about the NEW Canine PowerStew™ , but This Pug Life only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Only Natural Pet is not responsible for the content of this article.
I was recently given the opportunity to test out a new line of wet dog food from Only Natural Pet called Canine PowerStew. My dogs very much enjoyed the Canine PowerFood we tested last year and I knew it would be a great opportunity to share tips on what to look for when choosing a natural wet food.
I really like to use canned food as a kibble topper or as a special treat for my dogs. Wet dog food is nice because it’s high in moisture and highly palatable. Wet food is a great option for dogs with certain health problems too. All three flavors of Canine PowerStew contain only 3.5% fat which makes it a great option for dogs that need a low-fat diet without resorting to rice or soy based foods (yuck).
Canine PowerStew hits all of my “must-haves” and then some. Some of the key features of the PowerStew are:
- First ingredient is meat – if an ingredient list starts with anything but real meat, put it down!
- Real fruits and vegetables for the most bioavailable nutrients
- Contains blueberries and cranberries which are great antioxidants
- Contains pumpkin for healthy poop!
- Allergy-Friendly – especially important if your dog has a chicken intolerance as two of the three flavors contain zero chicken.
- Made in the USA with premium ingredients.
- It comes in 3 distinct flavors; Chicken & Liver, Turkey & Duck and Beef & Lamb. So, there’s a flavor for every dog’s preference or you can rotate between protein sources like I do.
Of course, none of that would matter if it doesn’t taste great, right? One of the main reasons I use wet dog food as a kibble topper is because Miss Molly gets bored with her food very easily and will go on hunger strikes unless she gets something special and delicious.
And as you can see here, she licked her bowl squeaky clean.
So, if you’re in interested in trying a natural, allergy-friendly wet dog food in your dog’s diet I highly recommend Canine Powerstew. Canine PowerStew will be available for purchase exclusively at Only Natural Pet. The price point is very affordable especially for this quality and they are currently running an amazing sale for its launch!