Every year when Pantone announces their color of the year I pull together a sampling of items I think perfectly exemplifies the trend. I admit, when I first saw Greenery I was a little horrified. I think because with most Pantone colors of the year my first instinct is to think about how I can wear it. Well, this shade would make me look very ill if I wore it. But when I took a step back and realized that this is actually a really bright, fresh shade for the home I did a 180 and fell in love.
I dug a little deeper this year too, not just looking for items that have the right color, but that really embody the spirit of Greenery.
- COACH Lacquer Rivets Crossbody Clutch in Forest – $225
- Honeysuckle Honeydew eos lip balm – $4
- Teavana Jade Citrus Mint green tea – $9
- IKEA Stockholm armchair in Mosta green – $500
- Le Crueset Revolution Utensil set in Palm – $85
- IKEA Fiskbo frame in green – $1.49
- DKNY Be Delicious perfume – $70
- Fiesta Sugar and Creamer set in Shamrock – $40
- Northmate Green Slow Feeder – $18
- OPI My Gecko Does Tricks – $10
- Resin Mum Earrings in lime green – $10
- IKEA Olundac picture, ferns – $30
- Full Leaf Tea Company organic Matcha powder – $25
- Dooney & Bourke Nylon Editors Tote in kelly green – $258
- Le Crueset Petite Apple Cocotte in Palm – $37
A refreshing and revitalizing shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings.
Overall I feel like Greenery was a wonderful choice for the current state of…things. And Pantone wasn’t subtle about the influence of the current political climate. Which I appreciate. I think a lot of us feel ready for a new start. So let’s get out there, drink some green tea, wear Greenery accessories, entertain and fight the power.
What do you think of the 2017 Color of the Year? How will you incorporate Greenery into your personal style? Remember, just because it’s the Color of the Year doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy everything in that shade. But, I think it’s fun to incorporate it in small ways (assuming you like it). You can also expect to see fashion, beauty and home trends start to skew towards the Color of the Year this year, even if you don’t realize it.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”