Hi, I’m Andrea. I’m a J-School grad that didn’t go into journalism after graduation. So, I started this blog a few years ago as a creative outlet and to fulfill my passion for writing. I broke rule number 1 in the blogging world by refusing to choose a niche, and it ended up being a pretty good thing. Even though I primarily blog about pet related topics, some of my most popular posts are on gardening, DIY and nail polish.
So, here’s a little bit about me and you’ll quickly see why I couldn’t define “This Pug Life” as only one category:
- I suffer from Crohn’s disease, depression and anxiety. I don’t typically blog much about these but I’m open about my struggles and they’re obviously a big part of my life and will come up from time to time.
- I am passionate about animals and animal rescue. I attend a lot of rescue related events and try to promote my wonderful local rescues through my blog and social media.
- Yes, I am obsessed with my pug and no, I don’t feel bad about it!
- Despite living near St. Louis, I am a Chicago Cubs fan and have a vintage Cubs bear tattoo.
- I adore all things leopard print and consider it a neutral.
- I was introduced to the world of all-natural pet foods and supplements a few years ago through work and am really passionate about educating people about healthy nutrition for their pets.
- I’m not a natural salesperson. A natural salesperson can sell anything to anybody. What I am good at is selling stuff that I believe in. So if you see me raving about a product please believe that I truly love it. I wouldn’t recommend anything on my blog that I wouldn’t recommend to a friend or use myself.
- I didn’t get in to makeup until my mid-20s and taught myself how to apply it using YouTube. Now, I’m a total junkie – especially when it comes to lipstick.
Want to know more about me? Follow me on social media or shoot me an email!